The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 Paint won't hihglight text

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by chipwood127
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 337 times

chipwood127

I just discovered that after I enter a line of text in paint that it will not allow me to highlight the text so that I may modify the text; ie. change the font size or the color of the text...Has anyone experienced this same issue and if so how did you correct it...

Thanking you in advance...

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Once you've got rid of the text box the text is in, no further modification is possible. Is that what you meant? This is a more featured version of the same program but you still can't modify text after you remove the containing text box.:

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Posted 1 year ago

chipwood127

StringJunky, Yes that is what I meant... In previous versions of paint if one wanted to modify some text you simply use the text feature; click and create a text box around the text you want to modify and then it can be modified... I am not able to do this for some reason... Do you have any ideas as to why and what can be done to correct it??? Thanks for your help as I have very little technical knowledge...

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

i've never seen that before for an image editing program. When I've wanted to edit text in a picture (not a document) I wiped out the text with the paper colour using a brush tool then added text on top with a text tool.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.