How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 network driver issue

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by royhog66
  • Latest reply from royhog66
  • Topic Viewed 2790 times

royhog66

Hello,
I am having problems with network drivers. I installed WIndows 7 about 4-6 weeks ago (upgrade from Vista), and everything was fine. Recently, neither of my on board network ports will work.I have a Gigabyte motherboard. I downloaded the drivers from Giga and they will not install correctly. The network ports are Realtek. I went to realtek's site and downloaded their drivers and they still won't work. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/restarted a bunch of times. In device manager, it says "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1). The parameter is incorrect." The other message I get from device manager on the other network port is "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" I have searched for Code 31 for a while and can't find anything specific to my problem. I have a wireless network card in the same PC and it works fine. The only error I am able to find in Event Viewer is:
"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_040A&PID_4032&MI_02\6&f5f301f&1&0002." I'm not sure what else to do.... Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 7 Ultimate
Gigabyte UD3p- ep45: Realtek PCIe GBE family network ports.

Posted 4 years ago

madmatt2006

I'd try boot up in safe mode remove them from device manger. then reboot download the drivers from manufactures site http://www.realtek.com.tw/ adn reinstall

Posted 4 years ago

royhog66

I tried it and I get the same thing. I still get link lights when I plug a cable in so I'm pretty sure the hardware is still good.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.