How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 Media Center Help please

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by bunnyboo
  • Latest reply from ordick658
  • Topic Viewed 277 times

bunnyboo

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I have 2 question please:

As the heading states, I have windows 7 and I use media center to watch all my movies. I have over 300 in the and its growing.
My question is please,
How can I create folders in media center/movies.....E.G...action...horror...kids???
When I switch on media center and click "movies" all my movies are there under movies. The problem I have is that when my kids want to watch one I have to trawl through all the movies to find what they want to watch....Instead I would like to have a folder there that says "Kids" so I can click on that and all the kids movies are there in one place....In turn have another folder beside that that says "Horror" and another one that says "Action"
Sorry for the long winded explanation.

I have read a few forums and it seems to be an issue with not been able to create folders in windows 7 MC/movies...

My second question is:

Because most of my movies are bluray the sound is done in 5.1, but my PC is connected to my TV via HDMI cable so the sound that comes through is not great...When there is talking its the volume is turned up and all is well but then if there is an explosion my neighbour falls out of bed or they are hiding under there table with the fright.

Is there any programs that can/will convert the sound to standard 2.0 (TV speakers) either while watching or that can work with WMC.

If anyone can offer some light I would be very grateful

Many Thanks in Advance

Posted 1 year ago

ordick658

I don't have any idea about your first one questions but second one questions you have asked that you want to migrate your PC sound i think it's so simple just decrease your PC volume that's it.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.