The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Windows 7 Logon screen: screenshot

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by TheFreak
  • Latest reply from marks100
  • Topic Viewed 4199 times

TheFreak

Is there a way for me to be able to take a full screen shot of my Logon screen?

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

you can get it by capturing a screen shot when booting up a vm OR you can get crafty and duplicate it in you image editor.

Posted 2 years ago

TheFreak

thanks anyway... but i already found an easier solution...

i found winbubble and used its snapshot feature, but could not find a way to do it without the winbubble window on top of the screen, so I plugged in another monitor and used extended desktop and placed the winbubble there, away from the logon screen...

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

nice to know!!! : )
if you will, provide a link and how you achieved it - im sure others would benefit. : )

Posted 2 years ago

TheFreak

I really don't know other ways to do it, then I read in a forum about WinBubble . I plugged an extra monitor then used the "extended desktop" option in display settings. Then I enable launch WinBubble in logon screen , then pressed windows + l to lock windows (I didn't reboot or anything, I haven't tried doing that yet) and launched WinBubble. Then I move the winbubble window to the extended desktop and hit on snapshot.

Hope this helps :D

If there are better/easier ways to take screen shots of the logon screen, I would be happy to know about it.

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

will check that out later - thanks.
turns out this might come in handy since so many have asked the same question before.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

This is interesting reading. I only fail to see why anybody would want to capture the log-on screen. What is the purpose?

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

LOL!
bragging rights i think! LOL!!!
or maybe trying to put together a tutorial of some kind. ?????

i can't speak for anybody else - but the only time i wanted to do it was to show off how cool my log-on screen looked. LOL!!
either way it would probably fall into into the geeks stupid geek tricks section : D !!!
http://www.howtogeek.com/sites.....com%2F#954

Posted 2 years ago

marks100
marks100

use your mobile phone to capture it :):) edit: as whs why ? would you want to ??
mark.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!