How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 Installation Problem

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by christosg88
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 388 times

christosg88

Hi How-To Geek community...
Starting I have to say that I have been reading articles from how-to geek for many years now but i have not registered till some days ago so forgive me for any mistakes, I just want help...

As the title says I have a problem with the installation of Windows 7 OS that I saw for the first time a week ago.

I have to say that I have done the possess of installing an OS many times before. The problem occurred when I decided that my PC needed a refresh and so a clean installation.
I was dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 8 with each OS having it's own physical drive. I backed up all my personal files on an external HDD and I used Hiren's boot CD to format the two HDDs that contained the old OSs.
I firstly tried to install Windows 7 Home Premium using the retail DVD and then the things started getting weird.

The installation started as normal with the screen saying "Windows is loading files" with the gray bar. And after that the blue screen of the windows 7 logo appeared, just before the language selection. Every other time I waited just some seconds there, but this time something changed. I had to wait for 20 minutes to proceed with the language selection. I thought it's nothing and continued. I re-formatted the disk and went on. But when it started "copying Windows files" it happened again. It took it about half an hour to finish.
I then continued and when the installation finished I booted up on windows 7 and everything was normal. But then I had to install windows 8. Same thing here...

On right the same moments it took far more time than every other time. I finished that installation too and everything was normal as well... But still every time I try the Windows installation disk I have the same problem.

I have to say that I tried exactly the same procedure at my laptop and everything went fine. So I guess the problem isn't the DVD. I also tried to install windows 7 on my computer using a thumb drive, using Microsoft's official windows to USB tool, and the things where just awful as with the DVD... I really hope I described the situation pretty well and you can understand it... I'm from Greece so my spoken language isn't English so I would like to ask you to forgive me about my mistakes too... I hope to get an answer. Thanks!!!

Posted 1 year ago

christosg88

Sorry for spam but, any ideas...?

Posted 1 year ago

whs

It sounds like a problem with the disk to where you install. Run a chkdsk x: /r in elevated command prompt. The x has to be replaced with the letter that is assigned to the disk/partition where you try to install.

Posted 1 year ago

christosg88

Nope it's not that... All partitions are error-free...

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

You would need to write down the Blue screen STOP code eg, 0x00000???? this would indicate the general area to which the problem is coming from.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

"I had to wait for 20 minutes to proceed with the language selection. I thought it's nothing and continued. I re-formatted the disk and went on".
Why did you re-format if you already formatted it using the Cd you mentioned.
After you formatted your HDD's did you let windows format the disk again during the installation?
Did you try disconnecting the 2nd HDD you installed Windows 8 on while you install windows 7 on the 1st HDD?
For any HDD work I suggest you use Partition wizard > download > burn the .iso file using an image burning utility > change your boot order so your optical device is your first boot order > format your HDD's
http://www.partitionwizard.com.....le-cd.html
http://fileforum.betanews.com/.....28426215/1

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

If running a UEFI Bios Machine, needs to go into Bios Setup Page Screen and [ Clear All Keys ]
also before re-installing.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.