The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 - Factory Restore

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by adeller
  • Latest reply from GuiltySpark
  • Topic Viewed 367 times

adeller

My daughter's laptop has been getting a "blue screen". I have tried to reinstall windows 7 and reinstall the anti-virus software but the computer keeps crashing. I have tried to do a factory reset but I cannot get to the correct screen. I have shut down the computer and then started it back up and pressed the F8 key. I get the option to Repair The Computer but when I choose that, instead of bringing me to the next option of choosing a language, it starts windows normally. I have tried to access the boot menu using the CD but nothing seems to work. I am not sure what the next step is. I am afraid to completely erase the hard drive because I am not 100% sure that the windows CD that I have has the necessary boot file to get the computer back up and running.

Help!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Find your version of Windows 7 here http://www.askvg.com/direct-do.....nd-64-bit/ . Then download Imgburn and use that to burn the .iso file to a disk. Use another computer to do it if yours is not working. This disk will boot and install Windows 7. You will need the Product Key from the sticker on the computer you are loading.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi adeller ,

Welcome to HTG ,

Are there any error messages on the blue screen ?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!