How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Windows 7 Disk Check Problem

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Zanghetsu
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 1217 times

Zanghetsu
Zanghetsu

Hi everyone. I just got Windows 7 for Chirstmas and for the most part it works fine.I only have one problem. When Windows 7 starts up it tries to run a Disk Check consistency.I have done and seen this before so I am somewhat familiar with it and what it does. However, I am uncertain of whether or not it is actually Checking the disk or not. When Win7 starts up I get this screen that says:

"Windows is checking the consistency of one or more of your disks. It is strongly reccomended that you continue, however, if you wish to skip the disk check hit any button within (10) seconds."

Of course which is a countdown. Well I DO want it to check the disk but when the countdown reaches (1), the computer doesnt do anything it just stays on that screen with (1) second left.

If anyone has any solutions as to how to work around this or manually fix this please help me! =(

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

Hi, Don't know why the problem is occuring except during shutdown some device or software is not shutting down correctly. Click here for some info on this. You can disable it and maybe something will show up to give you some direction

g-x

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.