The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 Canon MF4150 Print Driver

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by tonyespo
  • Latest reply from Bartman
  • Topic Viewed 14119 times

tonyespo

I decided to load an old HD with the new Win 7 release and I can't get it to recognize my Canon MF1450 printer. I tried the Canon website and nothing is available. I called Canon support and they are not supporting Win 7 for this printer. I tried the Vista print driver and it doesn't work.
Does anyone know a work around for this problem? I love this printer and I'll go back to using XP before I get rid of the printer to use Win 7.

Posted 5 years ago

baldeguy56
baldeguy56

tonyespo, Check out this site You may make out better if you let the website scan your computer to see just what printer you have. I had trouble with manual because there are over 300 entries for Canon MF1450. Please post back to let us know how you made out...Garry

Posted 5 years ago

tonyespo

Baldeguy56, the link you provided takes me to HP printers not Canon Printers. I have a Canon MF1450

Thanks,
Tony

Posted 5 years ago

tonyespo

I got it working. What I had to do was completely disconnect my printer. USB type connection. Re-boot Win 7. Plug in printer. New device was found. Then I told it where I had the VISTA print driver, my external HD. Win 7 found the driver and installed it. I had to re-boot again and all is working fine. Well it's printing anyway. I haven't tried scanning yet.

Posted 5 years ago

tamram

Hi -- I am having the same problem. I tried the instructions above, but no luck -- I still can't print. I am running Win7 64-bit. Any ideas? Thank you.

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Hi tamram. Welcome to HTG. Could you start your own New Topic please. Thank you.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.