The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 BootMGR Problems

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Brianjoy77
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 829 times

Brianjoy77

Hello everyone, I am in need of some help today.

Here is the problem:

I installed Windows 7 on my Vista computer, it was the RC I think.

All was fine for a month or so, but today it shut down and will not start up.

At first I was presented with all the options, Startup Repair, System Restore, the works. I tried to repair the startup disk but I was still presented with the same screen after restart. I then tried a System restore option and it said that it would save my programs and re-install the disk, after 25 minutes and a big 0% progress sign on the bottom, I restarted the computer. Now I was presented with the BootMGR missing. I then grabbed my Win 7 disk (which is of a later build RTM, I think) and I then proceeded to try these fixes,
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/
None worked. I should also note that when it asks you to select your operating system, none pops up.

I would really like your help to save my computer, more importantly save the documents on my computer.

Thanks,
Brian

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

Brian, hello. If you can't get Windows 7 to boot, you can try the steps in this article to recover your documents.

There has been no Windows 7 RTM build released to the general public yet, and many of the bogus copies are loaded with malware. If you are trying to fix an install of Windows 7 RC, you should use the Windows 7 RC install media.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.