The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Windows 7 booting

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Balkie123
  • Latest reply from Balkie123
  • Topic Viewed 411 times

Balkie123

I have a Dell Insparion, but i am having a major problem. Sometimes the computer boots fine but sometimes I have to press the enter key to get started.However the occasions I have to press enter the computer makes some kind of pinging noise and in the search bar this shows up "hhhhhhhhhhh" and keeps on running. This also happens in word and Google. It last for around 30 mins and them the computer works normal. If I try to type in any letter it appears again.However the rear days that the computer boots fine and goes straight into windows this does not happens. I have tried to replace the operating system but I am still getting the problem. Can you please assist me with this problem.

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

You could try to update your BIOS. Go to the manufacturer page for driver downloads and select the last version for the BIOS. For Dell, enter your service tag here, you will find that on the bottom of your laptop:
http://www.dell.com/support/dr.....ctselector

Select your OS and download the latest BIOS version. Please notice that (in my opinion) this kind of BIOS update should not be done unless something is not working properly (as it is with your computer).

Also you could try a static discharge. Power off your machine, unplug from AC, remove the battery, and press repeatedly the power button for 30 seconds. Also repeatedly press all keys on your keyboard. Then put the battery again in place and plug the computer to AC and see if the problem persists.

Posted 1 year ago

Balkie123

Thank You for the timely reply. I tried your solutions but I seem to be having the same problem. Is there any other solution I could try?

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

Use msconfig to disable as many startup programs as you can, try disabling everything except for your antivirus and your trackpad (usually called ALPS or Synaptics). Instructions here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/74523.....n-windows/

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Balkie123

Thank for the assistance it worked

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!