SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Windows 7 backup can't find file (error 0x80070002)

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by pinguino1
  • Latest reply from pinguino1
  • Topic Viewed 2459 times

pinguino1

I'm getting this error every time I do a backup.

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\My
Scans. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

By inspecting the system folder "\systemprofile\" it doesn't look like that it is a place for that type of folder/files

I do have a folder named My Scans located on my User folder. next to My pictures, My music, My documents and My videos, which are the subject files of the backup.

Apparently it backs up everyfile except for that folder and all it's files.

How do I fix whatever it's missing?

Posted 4 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Hi

Have you tried taking the stuff out of My Scans then deleting that folder and then make a new one called Scans (give it a slightly different name) and put your stuff back in it.

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

pinguino1

Thanks StringJunky,
You gave me a good idea. What I did was to move My Scans to My Pictures. And then the backup went perfect.

Apparently it was backing up only the files in the libraries (doscs, picts and vids) the strange thing is that despite that My scans was included in the Pictures library, the backup program didn't back it up until physically it was a subfolder of My Pictures. (!?)

So, now it is working, but I insist it should be able to backup anything that is is the library regardless of where the folder and files are phisically located.

Thanks.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!