How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 Anti Virus

(9 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 2078 times

InDiSent

Hey Guys,

Are there any Anti Virus programs out there that work with windows 7? Obviously they'd be in beta...but some protection is better than none i think.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

Exact same question I asked The Geek yesterday morning. His quick reply was that since the kernal was the same, most if not all apps would work in 7.

I have downloaded but not yet installed 7 so I can't tell by experience. What you could do is try with one of the popular ones, or the one you're most familiar with.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

I found the Kaspersky beta for Win 7.....link coming

Here it is....

edit by mod- sorry, please no direct links to .exe files

Posted 5 years ago

zifnab06

Mcafee is a NO right now. Their setup looks for the OS version, and 7 "Isn't Supported". I'll post back after I talk to their Customer Support.

Posted 5 years ago

zifnab06

It looks like Mcafee isn't supported yet, but it *might* be possible to download it and manually install it without their installer. Their CS Rep told me that it isn't supported as of yet though

EDIT
http://www.microsoft.com/windo.....ows-7.aspx

Thats the link that pops up in the Action Center. It looks like only Norton, Kapersky, and AVG are the only 3 that work right now. I'm not sure if there are any others...but 7 still looks good for a beta :D

Posted 5 years ago

whiplash55

I'm using Avira and it works great, price is great as well.

Posted 5 years ago

The Geek

Just an update, I wrote this up into an article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....windows-7/

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Spamming your own site now ? :)

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

Irony alert! Windows Live OneCare will not run on the Windows 7 OS. Tell me again, who makes these products? Oh well, since OneCare is being discontinued I, for one, find it hard to care. :)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.