How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - Windows 7 and 8 dual boot problems and internet problems

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jagannath
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 1013 times

jagannath

Hello,
Yesterday i installed Windows 8 Preview Release on a separate partition keeping windows 7 too. when i restarted, i could select between both(awesome!) first time i selected Windows 7, it continued to load from there but from the next time when i selected windows 7 it restarted and windows 7 stated to load. not a big problem but very time consuming!
Next i have problem with the internet in Windows 8. I have a Broadband when i connect it the first time, it loads the Bing page by default but then it doesnt work afterwards. it disconnects.
Please give me solutions for these problems.
Thanx in advance

Posted 2 years ago

whs

The load problem with Windows8 double boot is normal. There is nothing you can do about it unless you install Win8 differently.

Options is as an independent system on a different disk and switching between 7+8 with the BIOS bootsequence.

Another option is to install it in a virtual partition. I have used Virtual Box and that is a very good option.

With the internet problem I cannot help you based on the info given.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

Control Panel / All Control Panel Items / System / Advanced system setting / Advanced Tab / Startup and Recovery Section / Settings Button

Choose Default O/S System and give your self adequate display time.

Close all and Reboot.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.