The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

windows 7

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by ccjacko
  • Latest reply from ccjacko
  • Topic Viewed 581 times

ccjacko

In XP and other windows editions, if you wanted to see all your files and all your disks, you went to start, pressed the right half of the mouse, tapped explore with the left half, and there were all the major locations on your majaor drive and all the other drives. What is the simple way to access explore on windows 7?
Don't have 7 yet, just passing aquaintance with it.

jack

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

the same, right click start, click on explore.

Posted 4 years ago

ccjacko

except on the 2 different winfdows7 premium that I tried it on, that does not work. If I remember you get ie explore, intrnet explore.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

hmmm i run win7 ultimate and when i right click on start, i get the option of open windows explorer, and then it takes me to the windows explorer.

Posted 4 years ago

ccjacko

I will give it another try tomorrow and see if I goofed up in some manner. I don't think I did though. I am working with a laptop and have not hooked up the mouse, just using the touchpads.

thank you for the reply.

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

My W7 Home Prem 64 bit works that way. Right mouse button on the Start Orb and you have 2 choices, Properties and Open Windows Explorer.

Additionally, if you should click on the Start ORB, on the top left part Windows Explorer is there as well.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

Even i have windows 7 ultimate x86, when i right click the start button, i get the same two options i.e., properties and open windows explorer...

Posted 4 years ago

ccjacko

as I have often said, it is a learning experience. Found the drives today, will have to look for that additional start orb tomorrow.

thanks

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.