SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - Window XP Booting Problem. Need Help :)

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by SBT
  • Latest reply from luvssunsets
  • Topic Viewed 614 times

SBT

Hello my friends,

Monday morning is always crazy. I have a computer had installed Windows XP.
When I start my computer this morning it's shows me Window XP Logo Screen but then it's goes back to another screen where we select options like Run in normal mode, Safe mode, Network mode. it's just keep doing this again and again. How i can fix this.

Thank You!

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Does Safe Mode work ?

Posted 2 years ago

SBT

I tried but not really.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

If you have everything backed up, then Clean Install.

Posted 2 years ago

SBT

you mean Format hard drive?

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

Yesterday you were asking about server shares, today you act as if you don't know how to fix a simple PC.

What gives ????

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Format, and re-install.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

SBT

@ raphoenix

I think It's always better to have secound opinion. Anyway thank you for your help as always.
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're crazy too. :)

Nevermind.

Thank you

Posted 2 years ago

luvssunsets

I have a similar problem - when I turn it on the windows XP logo screen comes up and it looks as if it's going to load then I get the boot up options screen. If I do nothing and let the time run out the computer shuts off and boots back up again with the same options and it will continue this cycle unless I do a hard shut down.
I finally decided the best option was to reformat the computer, so I loaded the disk and when the computer started up the startup screen for reloading the OS came up and I thought everything was going to be OK but after deleting the partition on the harddrive and letting the disk install the computer shuts off at the end of loading the OS and instead of windows coming up the computer shuts down and comes back on and the process starts all over again with deleting the partitio,n and so on.......it just continues with the same cycle with no end result. I'm completely lost as to what I should try next???
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The computer is an HP Pavillon E2000, Windows XP Home Edition.

Thank you,
Annie

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.