The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Window 7 Themes Blacked out

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by slomem
  • Latest reply from Hermitt
  • Topic Viewed 1030 times

slomem

A couple of days ago I noticed that several of my Windows 7 themes were blacken out. In that no photo or picture was visible only a blacked out screen image. I attempted a system restore back to when I last saw the themes but no luck. I then received an error from Norton 360 Premier that a serious error had occured and a reinstall was needed. After the reinstall and several reboots later nothing changed with the themes. However, my screen would randomly lock up causing reboots to clear. The start orb would lock when selected. I would rather not perform a factory reinstall if it at all is possible. I have back ups of my data but not too sure of the applications which were web installed. Any help would be greatly apprecieated.
Thanks,
Slomem

Windows 7 64 bit
Home Premium sp1
8 GB Ram
HP Pavillion G series
AMD Phenom ii dual core

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Go here and run Option2...
http://www.sevenforums.com/tut.....ecker.html

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

slomem

Thanks for the reply and instructions. I managed to get to the site and followed the instructions with no problems. However upon completion of the "scannow" process I received this message " Windows Resources found corrupt files but were unable to fix some of them." The web site stated that ths might happen. In the event that it does use your original Windows 7 disk to repair the rest. I purchased my laptop with Windows preinstalled and no accompanied disk. However I can purchase one with delivery in a couple of days. After the disk arrives and the fix is applied I will close the post as fixed. Or, should I close the post now with the given remedy?
Thanks again. If you don't mind I can PM you when the disk arrives and the fix has been applied

Jeff

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

slomem, you can simply wait until you have run SFC /scannow with your new disk.
That way, if everything gets fixed then mark this thread Solved.

Jim

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!