How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Win7 Vista IE8 64 bit--- cookies not retained

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gort
  • Latest reply from gort
  • Topic Viewed 397 times

gort
gort

Having problem with IE8 refusing to accept yahoo cookies for 2 week login.Also,have to sign in after reboot.Some websites don't retain cookies after navigating website[se.g., cable listings..it will accept login,but after changing time,it will revert to the default timezone].Couldn't login here at all.Using Firefox.No probelms at all with Firefox browser.Tried resetting Explorer,allowing all cookies.Lowering security settings.Turning off firewall and AV.Clearing browsing cache.Checked settings on CCcleaner.Cleaned registry and it fixed an out of memory error I was gettting at some websites,but not this problem.Turned off IE8 in programs and features and rebooted.Re-registered dll and ocx.Can't comepletely uninstall and reinstall IE8 on Windows 7.Even tried to intall IE8 again,but message says it doesn't work on this OS no matter which one is selected.Never had any problems with IE7,so if there are no suggestions on how to fix IE8---[already using Frefox,and know there are several superior browsers to use as alternatives]---can IE7 be downloaded without using virtual pc if IE8 is unchecked? Any fixes for IE8 that I haven't listed here that might fix it?It works quickly since the things I tried above,but still have to login after rebooting.None of the IE settings are auto deleting when closing browser,nor do I have CCleaner on auto run,and I unticked the index.dat box there.Tried the disabling scrrpt boxes and going back to default settings after every edit and reboot.Updated Java and Flash player as well.Also checked time and date and it is in sync.

Posted 1 year ago

gort
gort

I resolved the issue.For me it was just unchecking the enable protection mode under the security tab in Internet Options.I've had it "on" for two years with this pc,but for some reason started having login problems,and this is the only thing that worked after trying all the other fixes and tweaks mentioned on various forums.Likely a security update that caused a conflict between IE/Windows and antivirus software.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!