The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Win7 Screen Flip Nightnare

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by triplemaya
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1129 times

triplemaya

I would really love to know how to I disable the ctrl-shift-left or right screen flip in Windows 7. At present this means I cannot do any word processing work on this pc as this key combination is how I navigate about the pages while at the same time being able to see what I'm doing. I've tried to unlearn it, but I've been doing it for decades, and it's wired in! so I have to work on another computer, which seems dumb.
I've installed hotkey and keytweak but they seem much more low level than I want to use, and the last thing I need is to screw up the installation I have and have to do a re-install because I don't know how to undo what I've done or whatever.
Help much appreciated.

Posted 4 years ago

gordy

On a new (clean) install of Win 7, that flip is done w/start button-right or left. It isn't in the OS to do it with ctrl-shift- on mine. Is the computer keyboard macro'd to do this? My solution would be to see if there's a proprietary keyboard program on the model you have, or the keyboard manufacturer itself (tell us the brand & model of both). Also, was this an upgrade from a previous Windows OS?

Posted 4 years ago

triplemaya

Many thanks for the quick response.
The keyboard is a Logitech comfort cordless, and the win7 is a bare install. I've never seen anything like it, it's certainly nothing I've knowingly done!
pc is a standard asus board, used to run xp on it.

Posted 4 years ago

triplemaya

The one thing I have experimented with a great deal is virtual keyboards, so it may be some goofy setting that came with one of those. I used to use nview with xp, and it is one of the things I find I can't do without. I'm used to it on Linux, and it just seems basic and essential once I'd got used to it.
At present I'm using Dexpot which seems like a well built application, but I took quite some time finding that and tried out some quite poor pieces of software along the way, but they've all been uninstalled.

Posted 4 years ago

LH

This help ?
http://www.technospot.net/blog.....one-click/

Posted 4 years ago

triplemaya

Thanks, but no, I don't want to disable all shortcuts, I want the one's I am used to, which, it turns out, are the standard ones!
It turns out I just want windows 7 to work the way it's supposed to!

Posted 4 years ago

triplemaya

Thanks for the posts, it was something called softosm, installed to try and help resolve some display issues I was having.

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

LH

Thanks for the info. I don't think any of us here would have guessed that. 1st time I've seen that s/w.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.