Win7 Quick Launch issue

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by GTW
  • Latest reply from Bartman
  • Topic Viewed 1705 times

GTW

I noticed when I went here to add a quick launch option

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....windows-7/

I drag the quick launch toolbar all the way over to the left, but then open windows which normally would be on my right are shrunk down to a space between the dotted line bar next to the start button and the dotted lines next to the quick launch icons I just moved over to the left.

As you can notice, the quick launch bar is the the right while the open window bar is to the left. It should be reversed around if I want to get the quick launch toolbar immediately to the right of the start button like it was in XP

Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks.quick launch howtogeek

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Hi GTW. Welcome to the forum.

Try this: Right click the task bar > Toolbars > uncheck then recheck Quick Launch

Quick Launch should now be on the left.

This works for Vista. Hoping W7 is the same.

If that doesn't work. With the taskbar unlocked grab the vertical bar ( the dotted one ) and move it down
until the toolbars are in the order you want them.

Edit: You can also grab the bar and move to the right. ( Easier )

Posted 4 years ago

GTW

Yup, that seemed to work. It's a little tricky getting that dotted vertical bar to move. lol...

Might want to update your tip with this towards the end of it. Thanks.

~

Now I'd like to know how to make the quick launch buttons bigger.

Right now they are small icons (as you can see in my first post) and if I right-mouse click the toolbar and tick the "Use Small Icons" option under the taskbar tab, it makes the taskbar smaller instead of the quick launch icons bigger.

Any fix for that? They look awkward being the size they are.

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

With the Taskbar unlocked right click an empty space in the Quick Launch bar > View > Large icons

http://www.bleepingcomputer.co.....al157.html

Posted 4 years ago

GTW

Ok, thanks. Now here's a slightly offbeat question.

Let's say I want to keep the quick launch buttons, small as they are. I notice there looks like there might be enough space for two rows of small quick launch icons, one row stacked on top of the other. Say I want to put three or four icons in each of the two rows.

Is there any way to "icon wrap" them so they all appear without having the ">>" appear to the left, hiding them as they would in XP?

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Something like this? :

You'll have to re-size the taskbar.

Posted 4 years ago

GTW

Yup. That's it!

And how do I do that?

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

With the taskbar unlocked place your pointer along the top edge of the taskbar until you see a double ended arrow.
Hold your left mouse button down and drag upward. The taskbar should expand up. You should only need to go up one size
to allow room for the two rows of icons. After you have done that drag the vertical bar to the right of the Quick Launch
over to the left and a second row should appear.

This is how it works in Vista. I'm guessing W7 Is the same.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.