The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Win32/Olmarik TDL4 Trojan

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by crlamb
  • Latest reply from crlamb
  • Topic Viewed 413 times

crlamb

We have four computers in the household and all utilize ESET Smart Security 5. One computer posts that "Operating Memory" has a Threat "Win32/Olmarik TDL4 Trojan" that it unable to "clean". It does not show up on any of the other computers. I am assuming that since it is a "Trojan", it is not something I want on the computer, but ESET says that they cannot "clean it", SuperAntiSpyware does not "find it / show it", and MalwareBytes also does not "find it / show it". Is this something that I need to get rid of ?.....If so, how do I get rid of it ?

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

Try booting into Safe Mode and run ESET Online Scanner.

To boot into Safe Mode press the F8 key repeatedly, just after the logo of the manufacturer (HP or Dell for instance), but before the "Starting Windows" boot screen. Select "Safe Mode with Networking" from the list and press enter.

Then go to http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/ and follow the instructions.

Posted 1 year ago

crlamb

I am over an hour into the ESET online scanner and after 330,000 files scanned and nothing found yet..........I am wondering about the daily scan that can "find it", but the cannot "clean it"....... what good will another scan by ESET do ?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

If Ruja post doesn't work try this http://www.geekstogo.com/forum.....l4-trojan/

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

crlamb

I ran the suggested "Kappersky TDSS Killer" and it did locate one file that was labeled "Cure". I clicked on "Cure"...........Got a quick "popup" from ESET and I thought it read that "file had been cleaned"......Running a ESET scan and will advise if notification has gone away.....

Posted 1 year ago

crlamb

I have four (4) computers on the router.......Is it possible that the Trojan could have been spread to the other computers. I have not seen the same ESET notifucation on any of the other computers as yet ????

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

No reason for it to spread to other computers.

Posted 1 year ago

crlamb

Well the scan shows NO MORE "Win32/Olmarik TDL4". Thanks to all that assisted in the removal of this issue. I am amazed that a small hard drive can hold 360,769 different files, and the machine can keep track of each one and can find them........When I was in high school in 1962, a "geek" was also considered to be a "nerd". I did not realize then just how intelligent a "geek" really is. I built a computer and it worked...I thought that I was smart, but I cannot "hold a candle" when compared to a true "geek". You have my respect, my admiration, and my THANK YOU !!!!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!