The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Win 7 volume control

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Noel8
  • Latest reply from Noel8
  • Topic Viewed 363 times

Noel8

Rarely use my netbook that came with win7 home premium..last night I wanted to watch a movie from Netflix on it cause i do not have a long enough hdmi cable to hook it up to my large TV. The movie came on fine, but i could not hear any audio. I looked high and low as a XP user for the possiblility that the volume may be set too low or off...I finally found something in the Media center, but its too confusing. I see the spkr icon at the taskbar and when i click on it a small box appears at the top of the screen that when I click on it, the number 50 appears...it seems that it does not go any higher or lower. I do not even know what it means. I do not see anything else in regard to how to adjust the volume...could someone clue me in on this? Please keep in mind if you respond to match the same version of Win 7 that I mentioned. It seems they all are different in ways to do one step.Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right > Playback devices > double click on your output device > Enhancements tab > check the box:" Loudness Equalization".

Posted 1 year ago

Noel8

Thanks I got as far as Loudness equalization and checked it..but i do not understand what effect does it have on the volume when it is set at 100% under Sound area?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Do you have the manual for your netbook? Might be some clues in there.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Sometimes the video volumes are very low. Then the loudness equalization brings it up to normal. But apparently you have a different problem. Could be a problem with the Flash player.

Posted 1 year ago

Noel8

well i got the latest flash player

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Did you check that it is set to the proper default playback device.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

What is the COMPLETE EXACT Model Number of the Machine ??

Posted 1 year ago

Noel8

Acer Aspire one 722-BZ454

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!