The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

WIN 7 RC Upgrade to Student Pro

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by CaseyB
  • Latest reply from Santo
  • Topic Viewed 740 times

CaseyB

Been trying to upgrade my WIN 7 32bit RC to my purchased 64bit WIN Student Pro (via a clean install from a DVD). Tried the famous "5 steps," yet when booting from disk (ISO) I get an error called 0xc000000f Info: the boot selector failed b/c a req'd device is inaccessible.
I've also tried to revert back to Vista (32bit), but I keep getting an error called "windows cannot open the req'd file E:\sources\install......."
I have a Sony VGN-FZ260E and, strange enough, I have a recover partition (but no recovery CD's).
I'm inclined to believe that I could get this stuff to work if I could first revert back to Vista, but I can't find an option to do that anywhere in 7 RC.
I'd really appreciate any help I might be able to get!
Casey

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

The most likely reason for the failure of reverting back to Vista could be the recovery partition in your computer is corrupted or not accessible. The best option will be to call Sony and request for the recovery discs.

After recovering Vista then check if you are able to perform a clean install of Windows 7. If this too fails check the Windows 7 disc in another computer, to check if it works or not.

Posted 4 years ago

CaseyB

Update:
I managed to revert back to Vista 32bit, thinking, for some crazy reason, this would allow me to boot into/install the WIN7 Pro 64bit ISO CD I made (after muuuuch pain). Yet, I still get the same error message, which looks roughly like this:

Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software chance miht be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click "Next."
3. Click "repair your computer."#
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Any suggestions?

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

Have a look at this.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!