The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Win 7 and add Win 8

(15 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by edzer
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 662 times

edzer

Have Win 7 on main drive, slave drive is ready to accept. How to download Win 8 to the 2nd drive?

Posted 1 year ago

whs

You download the .iso , burn it to CD and boot with the CD. Then you direct the installer to that drive.

I installed Windows 8 directly from the .iso with WMware. That is a lot neater because you can run both systems side by side. http://www.eightforums.com/tut.....s-8-a.html

Posted 1 year ago

edzer

Thanks for the help but unable to got to .... Here is how .... Page says error 404 page not found. Can you correct or ?

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Somebody on this forum disabled the link because it is from another forum. They apparently want to only play in their own sandcastle. Sorry.

Go to the eightforums. There you find the tutorials. Just put VMware into their search box.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott

Whs, no one is disabling links. Check your work.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

removed by mod

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Hmm, thanks Rick. I apparently had the wrong link in my clipboard. I had sent a mail to that webaddress today. The link must have stuck in there. Maybe one of the mods can remove the link since my 30 minutes are over.

In any case - here is the link I wanted to post.

I apologize for having accused the wrong people. Sorry.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@whs, Is that alright?

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

@warlock or Scott,

You can remove my posting of the E-mail address above.

I reclaimed the error WHS E-mail posting by viewing the Topic Source Code of the Main HTG Page.

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Yeah, get that email address out.

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Could someone please also remove Rick's posting with the full email address. And thanks for fixing the link in my original posting.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

@whs,

Link is gone as you and I ask.

The Source Code was Cleaned up by a Mod also. :)

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Thanks, I see that. Next time I suggest you don't post the full email address - at lest not the part behind the @. A mistake like that can happen any time. But all is good now.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

YA, I figured I'd delete it but 30 minutes some times goes by too fast. :(

Posted 1 year ago

whs

On all other forums I operate they do not have such a time limit. I can update a post even after 3 months. That is very important e.g. for product tutorials where new realeases require changes. I never understood why there is a limit only here.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.