The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - will instaling IE9 solve a low space problem

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by rhondas
  • Latest reply from hArLtRoN
  • Topic Viewed 467 times

rhondas

I have a Dell PC windows Vista home basic , and IE7 , I was contemplating on updating to IE9 ,service pak 2, will doing so IE9 help if I have a low space problem with my disk drive E Local

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

In a word, no.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Why are you so worried about that E: drive. You should not be using it and should ignore it completely. It is for system recovery. Use in emergencies only.

Disable The Low Disk Space Warning In Vista

Posted 2 years ago

eightof9

Hi. If you're still using IE7, you're probably running a severely out of date, and vulnerable system.
Updating to IE9 is fine, and won't affect your full E drive, but leave that for a bit.
First, make sure you have a recent backup of anything you wouldn't want to lose.
Then, make sure your anti-virus is up to date. Then run and rerun and rerun Windows update, until it tells you there are no more updates. Then rerun it once more, to be sure. In the windows update screen, be sure your "important updates" are set to run automatically.
If you have Flash installed, or Adobe reader, make sure you have the latest versions.
Same goes for Java, except that you might consider simply uninstalling it instead. Whichever, just please don't run your system on the internet with outdated software.
After making your updates, re-post, regarding your full E drive.

Posted 2 years ago

hArLtRoN

@eightof9,
rhondas has already addressed the issue with his full E drive in this post.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.