The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

(Solved) - Wifi?

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Mike1030
  • Latest reply from Mike1030
  • Topic Viewed 890 times

Mike1030

I cannot connect Zorin to my dsl modem using wifi.......did install the STA wireless drivers?

Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Anon69

Zorin is nice but it's still Debian/Ubuntu. Right now (6/29/12), Zorin 6 is the latest release, so I hope that's what you're using.

That said, be sure to have a wired internet connection and then run the additional drivers (System Tools -> System Settings -> Additional Drivers) to install/activate your WiFi card's driver. Then completely reboot (which should be an option). There may be another way without rebooting but this does seem to be the easiest. Once you're back up you should then be able to edit your wireless connection. Right-click on the network icon in the menu bar (in what you might think if as the system tray), choose "Edit Connections" and then go to the wireless tab to fill out settings like your passphrase, etc. Hopefully, you're at least using a WEP connection although I'd suggest WPA-2. (If not, then please re post with your real name, Visa numbers, social security and DOB - just kidding).

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

Thanks Anon69 am using WPA2.........but wont connect to wifi?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!