How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Wi-Fi Windows 7 laptop control

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jagannath
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 311 times

jagannath

Hello,

i have two acer laptops which have wifi. I wanted to know how do i control the other PC for playing songs from this PC through WiFi. Both Run on WIndows 7. one stays in the bedroom with speakers connected to it and the other keeps roaming(an advanced net-book). so is there a software to accomplish the above task.(i know i am lazy! :P)
Thanx in advance!

Posted 2 years ago

Fhirkin9

You could access the songs on the bedroom laptop have it play on the roaming laptop. Not very knowledgeable on doing what you really want to accomplish without using a Remote connection between the laptops...software would be needed to do this and may cost $$. If you think accessing the songs on the roaming laptop is good enough: You will have to set up the LAN Homegroup and password and have sharing enabled on the music folder location(s). This should work.

Go to Orb(Start) > Control Panel > Network and Internet > HomeGroup and tinker with both laptops. Password will need to be used on both laptops.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

If you simply want to run the bedroom pc from the one in the livingroom I suggest something like LogMeIn (Access your computer, files and apps free from anywhere) or Teamviewer

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.