The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Why won't the games work on my computer

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Radison
  • Latest reply from Bartman
  • Topic Viewed 6131 times

Radison

i have tried to play diablo 2 and the diablo 2 expansion: lord of destruction. i used to have windows XP on my old computer and the game worked fine. Now i have a new computer that has windows Vista. i tried to upload my games, and everytime, after the video test, the windows would crash and do a memory dump. After this kept on happening, I went to the blizzard website and found out that this is happening all the time with people who got windows vista. Why is the game not compatible with windows vista, but is compatible with XP. Vista is the upgrade from XP, so the game should work. how can i fix my computer to play the game on vista, eventhough they will only work for XP??? would i have to down-grade my computer to XP to play the game??? if so, how do i do it??? my games just aren't compatible with Vista.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

Does your computer have ATI with catalyst software?

Can you try disabling that software? I've found it to cause issues.

Posted 6 years ago

crimson08

i also have d same problem. the difference is that im still using windows xp. i cant figure out why my game crashes everytime i play games such as nba live08 and warcraft... kindly help me pls... tnx in advance!

Posted 6 years ago

TroyMiles

Radison,
Have you tried to change "compatibility" for the software? This works for some things.
To do this, right click on the program (or it's shortcut) go to Properties, then click the Compatibility tab at the top. Change mode to XP and try running the program.
If that doesn't work, let us know.

Posted 6 years ago

Kgury

I am having a similiar problem. I bought the Battle Chest package of Diablo II a long time ago and played awhile, then quit. Now I am trying to play again and im having trouble. I installed Diablo I no problem. But the Diablo II installation page wont pop up for me to install. Ive tried the compatability thing a few times, and nothing seems to work. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Hi Kgury. Welcome to HTG. Please post your question in a New Topic. Thanks.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!