How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Why was topic closed: Clear Admin Password on Window XP

(15 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by jd2066
  • Latest reply from BobJam
  • Topic Viewed 1131 times

jd2066
jd2066

I was wondering why the topic at http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....-window-xp was closed.
The topic op said he/she get the computer from a friend which means that person is now the owner and can do anything to it like formatting it or resetting the admin password.
Though the part that says "I think he is bs me that he forgot it" seems odd. Is that why the topic was closed?

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

sounds like he wanted to break into someones computer

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya i'm not too sure as to why it was closed either he didn't really sound like he wanted to get into someone else's pc execpt for the one line. there might have also been a post in there that got deleted too possibly but not to sure as this is the first time i have seen it.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@jd2066,
This is a "Real Beauty" I took care of last night. (LOL) (LOL)
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=2

Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦:)

Posted 5 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Thank you for looking out for us:)

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

techgranny,
I have a new dancing image for you if you would like me to post it ??
It is good, I promise. :) :) :)
Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Pleeeze do!!!

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@techgranny, Just for you :) :)

Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♥

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

@raphoenix: I was also wondering about that topic and your reply.
I thought maybe the "Executor of the Estate" could have given the person the computer but not the password as the "Executor of the Estate" didn't know the password for some reason thus the person needed a way to find the password to login.
If that was the case then your reply doesn't make sense.
Though based on what the topic OP said it's not entirly clear which is the case.

Posted 5 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

jd, as the Curatrix of an estate, I assure you that's not the case. The Executor "Curatrix" is liable for any wrong doing and would never turn over sensitive information to a third party. There are legal avenues for such matters.

Rick, you're an angel! I've been looking for a dancing granny for a long time:D methinks a Rorschach Test may be in order:0

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@jd2066,
Upon a person's passing, the Executor of the Estate has ALL Authority Over the Estate Property.
On an Internet Forum, there is (NO) way an individual can Establish Legal Proof of Being an Executor of an Estate so my reply was Absolutely Correct no matter how you read the posting.
------------------
Stick to your computer hobby and day job. :) :)

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Ok. That makes sense.

Posted 5 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Rick, please don't rag on jd:( We love him dearly!! jd, stick to your computer job, we need you!

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@techgranny,

I had smiles by the "RAG". Just tired.
Time to sleep.
Night all.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦:) :) :)

Posted 5 years ago

BobJam
BobJam

Many forums list password topics as taboo. The Tech Support Guy forum has this rule: "Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed."

The real essence of that rule is the part that says "there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions".

Harsh maybe, but I can see the reasoning.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!