SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown?

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Zuelajindi
  • Latest reply from Zuelajindi
  • Topic Viewed 826 times

Zuelajindi

This would happen on occasion, but only when I would be away from my computer. I would anticipate my desktop to go into sleep mode (as I have had it set to), but it is shut down completely instead. Why is it doing this? It says it is a Bluescreen error.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Offhand, THIS looks like the same thing, but not answer there?

Bug Check A is usually an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem related to a device driver. You update any recently or change h/w?

Get BLUESCREEN VIEWER and run that, and then open the dump file, it will provide clues to exactly 'who' might be the problem. Post part here if unsure.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Zuelajindi

Where do I go from here and how to I resolve it? It's not being too clear (Bluescreen Viewer).

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Looks like my LINK was bad, use this one --> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html instead.

Just select the dump on the first line of the top window and on the bottom it will display the data. It generally will tell you what module caused the dump (BSOD). If you can't figure it out, paste in a reply the first 10 lines or so.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

You could also try to open Event Viewer and see if the error is reported there. Also, you can try running from an elevated command prompt "powercfg -energy" (no quotes). This will analyze the system for common energy problems. It will generate an html report in the current path. Make sure the computer is idle -no other programs/documents are running/open before running the command.

From the "Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report", take note of the Errors and and Warnings found and the headings "Platform Power Management Capabilities:Supported Sleep States".

Posted 1 year ago

Zuelajindi

When I find the BSOD, what do I do with it?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Tell us what it said.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Click on it and then see what is in the BOTTOM window.

================
Description
BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version).
For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane. BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.
=====================

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Zuelajindi

Here's a screen.

Posted 1 year ago

Zuelajindi

Sorry, didn't show. Here's the screenshot of the BSOD report.
http://i151.photobucket.com/al.....ae3820.png

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!