How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Why is it....

(31 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by GuiltySpark
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 790 times

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

.....that people who wear glasses can sleep happily whilst wearing them, but not so well when they're not.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I have no trouble sleeping without mine. In fact, I can sleep better without my glasses since I sleep better laying on my side and the glasses would get in the way.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

^ What she said.
As a side note, I wear hearing aids in both ears. For whatever reason, I have to sleep with the left one in and the right one out. Break that pattern and it's a long sleepless night.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

If I wore a hearing aid I'd wear it in the Frontier when I go hiking :)

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

DoctorDeere, I wear one in my left ear and am going stereo in July due to my hearing going to the extent I need to maximise what I've got left. I can't hear anything without it. My audiologist tells me it's going to blow my head off as I haven't really heard anything in my right ear for half a century. LOL! :D

GS, I think it's to do with insecurity not being able to see if one suddenly wakes up. I only wear my hearing aid asleep if I need to listen out like when I'm night fishing...I can't sleep with continual ambient noise normally.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

I got my first one in 1968. Went stereo about 1972. Without them I'm pretty much totally deaf. That's why I have to sleep with at least one in... there's no alarm clock that will wake me otherwise, and the ones made for hearing impaired folks would disturb "Mrs. Doctordeere."

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@GS, just wondering, from your original post, what makes you think that?

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@ Warlock,

Just an observation I've made from family members at Xmas and such when they visit or I visit them and they pass out. Plus people I've worked with in the past have said the same thing.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Might be a good question for Mr. obvious.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&#.....6da5609c4c

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

In reply to your google search for Mr. Obvious, be quick Joe it won't be here for long (would email it to you but you don't have a HTG email address in profile : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InN2bySN85s

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

That's funny thanks for that. We might need to trade E-mail I can still get yours while I'm a big shot Gmod. If okay with you I'll send it. yes/no.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Yes that's fine mate no worries :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Will do then. Let me know if you get it:)
Edit: sent

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Will do.

Are you sending it from a HTG account or yahoo?
I only ask as depending on which account you send it to I may not receive it and it may be bounced back.

No yahoo fan here :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Yahoo. my personal my own. Sorry I had that account since 1995.

Let me know I used what you have on your account.

Used a hotmail for you.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Was it 616 ?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Yes
You don't use that anymore let me know. while I still can I'll post mine and then delete it. Would like to stay in contact.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Ok if it hasn't been bounced back to you then its probably in my spam filter I'll have to check it tomorrow as I'm on my phone now but will let you know tomorrow and mark it as acceptable if in there :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

See my post above it's not my main mail. Do you google talk? Still worried about LH. he should be here. We have the weekend before all here is done. Thanks mate:)

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

No google talk. No google I stripped my system of it including the google phishing built into the browsers, scheming conniving gits, don't like plausible deniability.

I haven't heard from LH but he could be having more net probs weathers a bit windy and in europe at the mo.
I'm sure Mike will know as he phones him from time to time.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.