SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Why does Adobe Acrobat crash on me?

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Elf
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 3652 times

Elf
Elf

I started having this problem out of nowhere. All of a sudden, I was unable to keep the program open. It would crash after a few seconds of opening a document. I uninstalled the software, reinstalled, rebooted, installed a couple of different versions but, nothing seems to change. I took a snapshot of the adobe installation that I tried to perform just now. As you can see here, I run into the same problem. Thanks a lot in advance!

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Right, the first thing we don't do here is adobe and all the problems that comes with it.

Uninstall Adobe completely and use this instead; http://blog.kowalczyk.info/sof.....iewer.html

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

I agree with Mike, Acrobat on windows is awful, so use something like the above, but photoshop etc are good.

Posted 1 year ago

Elf
Elf

This is the very first time I hear those comments about Acrobat. I obviously trust your advice however, is Sumatra reader just as good as Acrobat?

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Yes it is and a lot lighter on resources :)

Another good alternative is the free version of PDF Xchange Viewer.
If you use the installer it will give you thumbnail previews just like Acrobat does.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Elf
Elf

I actually took your advice Sarah. It seemed to have a more appealing interface and it's very light in resources as well. Thank you all for your help!

Posted 1 year ago

Elf
Elf

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Glad you like it :)

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Yes, it looks quite nice Sarah. Have installed it and will give it a whirl sometime. Been using Sumatra and that's been my go to reader for a while now...nice and quick and snappy for simple reading.

Tony

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

What I like about PDF Xchange, apart from the fact that it is small and fast, is that you can make notations and highlight things.
And ok, I just don't like yellow <LOL>.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

The annotation and highlighting facility is what has prompted me to try it.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!