SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Why do all my web pages say Not Responding?

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by stonecold2129
  • Latest reply from mickeyblue
  • Topic Viewed 7136 times

stonecold2129

I play games on Facebook and most of the time I get the message Not Responding and the page turns kinda white but I can still see the images on the screen. Its like they all loose color or something. What can I do to fix this? Sometimes it lasts a few seconds, sometimes it last minutes, and sometimes I have to restart all together.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

what web browser are you using? make sure you update to the latest version and have all the necessary plug-ins installed.

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Win7 and Vista will do that when the window is NOT reponding (and should say that on the title bar of the window). Probably not much you can do about it if this is the only time it happens (with web pages). It is probably because the browser is waiting for a response from a server and it has exceeded a time limit that had been set. If it happens on programs that are confined to your computer, not using the internet for data, then you might have a h/w or configuration problem if it is repeatable.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

stonecold2129

I use internet explorer 8. I have the most updated version.

Posted 4 years ago

kbgeek

hi i would suggest that u first try IE without add-ons, to open that you need to click on start and then type INTERNET in start search, do not hit enter and at the top click on IE without add-ons, (games might not work just see if you get any error as not responding) if that explorer works then u may need to reset your browser u can do that by :
open IE then click on tools and select the last option "internet option", in the new wnidow select the last tab "Advanced" and at the bottom click on reset, follow the on screen instruction and then close and restart internet explorer..
Hope it helps........

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

for process of elimination, try a different browser like chrome, if it works with chrome them its an IE problem.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!