SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Why am I being asked for permission to delete even after taking ownership?

(9 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ausven
  • Latest reply from ak03
  • Topic Viewed 1307 times

ausven

I cannot delete a music file from my desktop, it was a file i began to download through Azureus that failed. Whenever I try and delete it i'm told that I need permission.
I've downloaded the 'Take Ownership' program recommended by Geek but even after using this on the file i'm still being told i need permission, please advise.

Thankyou

Posted 6 years ago

ak03

Well, you could try to use unlocker for all deleting issues:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/S.....cker.shtml

Posted 6 years ago

lodevaduh

Are you sure that some instance of that file or program isn't being used? Make sure no Azureus program thing isn't running. Go to task Manager , processes, and see if you can find some kind of annoying instance which could not be allowing you to delete the program.

Posted 6 years ago

ak03

Also i have a problem with azureus in vista. Sometimes ill click on the link for it to start up and it wont. But ill look into the process manager and intill be running in memory. So i know that its running but it never shows up on the desktop to show its running. Also i have to reboot to get the problem to go away, but when i reboot, it just hangs and sometimes i have to hold down the power buttton to restart. And when i end up rebooting i get a blank screen for about 20 sec before the vista logo and the login screen comes present. Im assuming all of this has to do with azureus.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

The blank screen is present because Windows didn't close normally.

Posted 6 years ago

ak03

oh okay. So what about all my other questions?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

I don't use Azureus. What happens when you kill the process in TaskMan?
Try to keep your questions on topic, m'kay?

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

I'm guessing your system hasn't recovered from all of the incoming connections to Azureus, which is why shutting down hangs, because the networking drivers are going berserk.

Probably would be good to make a new topic for a new question... people tend to open topics because of the title, so you'll likely get more helpful feedback that way.

Posted 6 years ago

ak03

wow, i realize something. I meant to post this in another thread that had a topic on azureus

EDIT: i must have been looking at another forum.

Anyways way use unlocker. But sometimes i get asked to delete a file at te next reboot

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!