SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

whs, are you still using the normal Command Prompt?

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jd2066
  • Latest reply from jd2066
  • Topic Viewed 1870 times

jd2066
jd2066

I noticed in the "Full Screen Command Prompt" topic you still were using the normal Command Prompt.
It also appears your last topic on the command prompt replacement was about a month ago.
Just wondering what happened with that?
Did PowerCMD not work out or did you just decide you were fine with the current command prompt?

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

jd, I tried PowerCmd. It had a couple of bugs in it. So I corresponded with the author who was an Australien. He fixed the problems, I think. Was grateful for me testing it for him. Also gave me a free product key. But I did not really see a big advantage using it after I had set up CMD the way you saw. After all, I am not using it all that much. Originally I was just frustrated with the little black OS window that was always hard to read for me. But as a general approach, I prefer to use the functions/programs provided by Vista and not substitute with 3d party stuff because I like to keep things simple. It's only for functions or capabilities that are natively not available and which I want that I download programs.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Ok, that makes since.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!