SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Who's good at developing firefox extensions? (songbird)

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by sjac
  • Latest reply from sjac
  • Topic Viewed 934 times

sjac

Hi all,

So recently i found out about this great new media player called songbird [http://songbirdnest.com]. It is not final yet, but what is there already is great. I have already replaced iTunes.

Unfortunately, it doesn't currently have a feature i used quite a bit in iTunes, which was pushing control+m (cmd+m on a mac) to go into mini mode. And I know this wouldn't be hard to implement as an addon.

So my question to his great community is:
Who can develop an add-on to go in/out of mini mode with the push of control+m? The player is based on mozilla technology, and uses the same .xpi extensions for add-ons. You know you want to do it! :D

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

sjac, a lot of media players just use skins for a mini-player view. I see that Songbird is skinnable, so try Googling up a mini-player skin.

You are using an alpha version software? Hardcore. Also, whatever happened to Qtrax?

Posted 5 years ago

sjac

Qtrax? Never heard of it.. hahaha.

Anyway, I couldn't find a skin as of yet, maybe when the software becomes more popular. Or when i have learned how to develop .xpi extensions, something i am keen to do. I don't really know where to start though.
Also, i have replaced iTunes becuase i swear it hates me. Whenever i use even a copy on someone else's computer it does all sorts of weird things haha.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!