The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Who likes Nascar?

(16 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by sparky7415
  • Latest reply from mandypinecone
  • Topic Viewed 1873 times

sparky7415

This is mainly directed at people living in the region where race car driving is very popular. I've read posts at Fox Sports and most, IMO, are juvenille or biased. So anyway race fans,lets hear it!

Any overseas members are very welcome, I highly respect the regulars and I give respect to anyone that is intelligent enough to find the best "HOW TO SITE" on the web. Are we ready to Rumble?

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

Moving this into the off-topic forum...

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415

I apologize and tried to remove before getting caught,oops ,sorry

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415

Thank you sir geek

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

=) No problems, I've done the same thing. The post dialog isn't the most intuitive thing.

I'm not a nascar fan... although I used to watch it with my ex-wife. Now I have more than one reason to dislike it... :-P

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415

I'm not a fanatic,it will give me more of a clue as to the personality of a member on who they view as their favorite driver,and most geeks probably don't care anyway. Stupid topic.

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

I actually think there's a lot of regular people that come around here, so there's probably a decent chance there's a race fan.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Nascar I find a little boring. But I like F1, especially Monte Carlo. I also enjoyed the 24 hours of Le Mans where I have been a couple of times. The problem there is getting out of the parking lot after it ends on Sunday at 4PM CET - it takes 3 to 5 hours just to get to the closeset road.

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415

Thank you whs,I'm not promoting the circuit,only looking for peoples views.Appreciate your response.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

I guess if you go to a live NASCAR race it is different to watching it on TV. For TV it's difficult because there is not a lot of variety - other than the accidents. And who wants those.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

i don't really pay any attention to sports other than skateboarding :)

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

It's F1 for me, since i was 7 or 8 I've been a fan. The Canadian Grand Prix is 95 miles away and a great excuse to go to Montreal.

Alas, we live in Vermont where babies are named after NASCAR drivers and possibly their pit crew. The Loudon, New Hampshire races are even closer than Montreal and in all honestly I'd go see one, but have not yet. We even have a local favorite, Kevin LePage from the next town over (Shelburne, VT) but I think he lost his ride when his main sponsor, Dale's Plumbing and Septic went bankrupt after a flood ;).

I'm with whs, Monte Carlo for the sheer spectacle of it all. After that the Belgian one, Spa Francorchamps, but the older, longer course.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

Not cars, but bikes
I used to like the World Superbike Series (but not so much now since the Ducatis have such a low profile)
My favorite event is the Isle of Man TT. 2 weeks of fun (and some very brave riders).
And for the 24 hour races. LeMans & Bol d'Or.

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman

Don't care for NASCAR too much, gets boring. I do like drag racing,both cars and bikes. Love the smell
of nitro in the morning:)

Posted 6 years ago

mpc104

not a lot of race fans posting so i will step up, im a good old boy from tennessee love nascar but i dont have a favorite driver like the speed and the crashes "LETS GO RACIN BOYS"

Posted 6 years ago

mandypinecone

I rather watch F1, Nascar makes me dizzy.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.