The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Who and what to believe

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by art6924
  • Latest reply from vistual
  • Topic Viewed 364 times

art6924

I have a problem I have never come across before. The Bank of America website will not load any page Internet Explorer Firefox and chrome time out when using my Comcast high speed connection. Bank of America claims the problem is with Comcast and of course Comcast claims its Bank of America and I don't know who's lying. I am able to reach any other website with no problem and when I ping www.bank of america.com there is no return. When I connect with an other provider I have no problem getting to the website. Comcast says they have checked the servers and find the problem is Bank of Americas website which they deny. Any help would be appreciated

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Try www.bankofamerica.com without the spaces.

Posted 1 year ago

art6924

Thanks for your suggestion however it is a little more complicated than that. This is a direct problem between servers from Comcast and Bank of America

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@art6924, In Internet Explorer try going to tools, internet options, security, trusted sites. Add https://www.bankofamerica.com

Posted 1 year ago

vistual

the few things that i would try first ...
- clear out my browsers cookies & cache.
- update my anti-vi / anti-mal program.
- check to make sure its not being blocked at firewall (if possible / if applicable)
- temporarily disable anti-vi / anti-mal (not necessarily recommending YOU do it, but rather things I might look at)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.