SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Which twain compliant scanner application for Canon?

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Frazzled
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 2342 times

Frazzled

I just got my new Canon ColorIMAGE MF8082Cw mulitfuntional laser printer up and runnning, only to find out I can' scan till I get the correct app.
Which "twain compliant scanner application" should I use? I don't have the foggiest idea what I'm looking for but need to get the scanning ability running
as soon as possible. Or off to Office Max I go! The desktop is an older Dell, running Windows XP 32 bit, and my laptop is an Ispiron N5110 64 bit.Thanks.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Usually the scanner applications come on a disk packed with the scanner. Why don't you have that?

Posted 2 years ago

Frazzled

I was going on what the Canon tech told me. After it was set up and linked to the computers, I mentioned about scanning & was told I needed that application. I'll to back thru the operation guide and (if I can find it) the e-manual to see what it says. Thanks -- didn't want to download something I don't need. Will post when I figure out.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

Do you have a link to the manual? I couldn't find it online. Or is it just a paper manual?

Posted 2 years ago

oldgeezer

Your Canon should come with the 'MF Toolbox' which includes a scanner program - it will be on the disk. You also get Presto Page Manger which is an OCR program.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

My Canon 9000F cam with a disk that had it's own scanning software. It also came with a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 which is TWAIN compliant. I use Canon's software and it works just fine for me. Supposedly, there is a TWAIN plugin for GIMP.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.