SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Which Software howtogeek Using ?

(15 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by babinlonston
  • Latest reply from jmeeks49
  • Topic Viewed 433 times

babinlonston

I Mean Which Script was Installed for Howtogeek.com

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Not sure what you are asking, and why on the Linux forum ?

Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

Yes , I think that Howtogeek was a Script CMS managed Site and posted here Sir , if so which script you Using for this site ..

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Why does this interest you?

Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

Cos im planning to Use Wordpress , and howtogeek.com too using Wordpress just now i found Will u please help me out to how to increase the full width of the page as this site look , im testing in my virtual machine and is not wide and not having good page view .how to increase the page view of word press

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

I don't know the answer to your question. Don't know if anyone here knows the answer. So, if you get no replies that will be your answer.

Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

ok i will wait ..... Actually i'm asking The howtogeek website's Home Page Have Modified Page width ,how u changed in Wordpress CSS style sheet to fit , and How much Width and whts setting u using for Forum page

Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

Did the Howtogeek Using Wordpress For Home and BB press for Forums .. pls help

Posted 1 year ago

The Geek

It is WordPress with custom code.

Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

oh ok Thanks Sir ......

Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

Will u please provide me the Width Size of Home page and were can i change it in style sheet

Posted 1 year ago

edmenje

When I am modifying the css for a wordpress template(running on a linux vm or linux box with LAMP stack) I use Opera browser and right-click on the div in question and "inspect element" this will highlight the elements shown in the code in Opera Dragonfly which opens and displays the source code in it's separate window in the bottom of the browser, the corresponding css shows to the right side of the html pane and I can find the id or class of the element i want to change along with the line number in the css file. In Dragonfly, I can change css attributes for a preview, and when it looks like I want it to I switch to Bluefish editor and make the final, permanent edit to the css, save the css file and reload the page in Opera to be sure I made the correct changes. A bit of trial and error now and then, and after a while I have my fully customized version of the template's css, I will also do some work on the php files to get all my changes made to the content of the pages.
I haven't worked on a BB press template, but you can probably use the same techniques for customization of the look of a forum.

Hope this helps you in starting to customize your site.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

Superb

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

Just sounds like someone is so impressed with the layout of the HTG site that they want to have a similar layout.

I've seen a number of instances of commercial web designers are using WordPress to create websites now, mainly due to the number of plugins available and the way that it can be adapted I guess. OpenSource rules again.....

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49

sorry my mistake..

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.