The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Wheres all my document files and photos gone..Help

(6 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by angiesluck
  • Latest reply from angiesluck
  • Topic Viewed 1232 times

angiesluck

I used the Ubuntu download to help me get into my computer which just stays in safemode and computer unusable....Got into using the disc but it shows as nothing in my documents and picture folders

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike

angiesluck, you really need to explain further.
So you are in vista?
Where does ubuntu come in? I think you may have used this to see the drive?

But let us get back to the original problem. Please describe the event(s)

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

angiesluck

my sons window vista computer starts up in safe mode and displays Techguys v4.8 it displays a menu saying:
1. start microsoft windows repair enviroment
2. reinstall windows
3. advanced options
4. exit and restart computer
All of which do nothing and so computer is none usable as cannot get passed this part. Tried looking for solutions but found nothing, can anyone help to solve this.

The computer is Advent 5421 intel celeron dual core T1500 window vista

I have used the Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek which seemed to be working fine until it shows up that nothing is on computer....unless they are hidden.....but I tried the Ubuntucat » Blog Archive » Recovering deleted files with a Ubuntu CD.....downloaded files from Photorec

.....testdisk-6.12-wip ..........teskdisk-6.11.3.win
But when I do what it says to do it now says cannot find Photorec.....so I dont know what is going on or why this has happened and if we are going to be able to get it sorted out at saving the documents/pictures.........apart from getting someone to takeout the harddrive and try and recover that way

Posted 3 years ago

marks100

what version was on your computer before the accident ? did it come with it installed. & is the original product key sticker on the bottom of your laptop ?

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

angiesluck

Windows vista basic.....yes it was already installed......yes the sticker is

Posted 3 years ago

angiesluck

Dont matter now anyways as its a hard drive fault that needs to be repaired by professionals

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.