SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

(Solved) - Where will the current state of affairs lead this forum?

(29 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by algotechie
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 3956 times

LH
LH

Naughty girl :)

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

Computer hardware/software can't be without any issue and for most of the issues there is no one straight forward fix. Most of the time it require a lot patience to find the reason for the issue and the give a resolution. Not every one know every thing.
All that can be done is who ever logs into HTG, they may check for the posts that no one has answered and try to answer them if known(this is what I do).

HTG is one of the best and well organized forums which I had seen. There may be many posts without an answer or there is no solution for them. Based on these, the forum stability or credibility can't be questioned.

Posted 4 years ago

Tech-No
Tech-No

I agree, this forum is a daily stop for me. Sometimes I answer a question or two if I know the answer, if not I always look around. It's easy to navigate and well laid out. Some of these people work very hard to answer the questions but it seems that almost every new poster asks the shortest question possible like (My computer's acting funny lately, how can I fix it?). If posters ask a broad question like that, you wonder if giving them the right answer would even help them, but they try the best they can. They have WAY more patients than me because they always have to go through a whole page of Q & A with the poster just to get the info needed to give a good answer just to have some of them give up on getting that info and never return. There's tons of useful infomation even if it's not always solved and I hope these guys stay right here!!

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

OK. Thanks all for taking time to respond. Great replies. Enjoy yourself!

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

The forum shud b marked as solved... if it is.

Posted 4 years ago

madmacs
madmacs

Niks, if you read through the topic,then you would notice that it is more of a discussion than a question, therefore not needing to be solved. If anything, it would be closed!! As it´s only a day old and other people may have something to say it will stay open!! There´s no need to tell us when we have to do our jobs. Matt

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Actually until some of the suggestions have been implemented (or at least have been accepted), how can the topic be marked as solved? I left trying because most people start going off-topic and boasting how good and different the content of this site is instead of actually paying attention to the suggestions or proving them wrong. The mods are satisfied with the current situation. They expect and accept no advice or suggestion from the members. So the topic is neither solved nor useful for further discussion. It'll probably be closed some time, which doesn't matter.

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

Dear madmacs, i didn't meant what u hv understood actually. Seems like my single lined post hurted u someway. I thought that algotechie, who started this post has got all his doubts cleared about this mess(since he himself says bye bye 2 all in his last post here). I ws asking him 2 mark it as solved, not u people. So, my apologies to u again.

Posted 4 years ago

Scott
Scott

Agreed.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.