How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Where does Outlook Connector store emails

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by manig
  • Latest reply from InDiSent
  • Topic Viewed 4205 times

manig

Hi,

Another question I need help with please. If i use Outlook connector to synchronise my hotmail, where does it store the emails on my PC and is it stored as a pst file?

Thanks in advance again...

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Yes it is. Typically something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\ user_name \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Personal Folders(1).pst

Here's how to find which .pst file is for hotmail in case you have more than on account setup in outlook :

1. Locate the .pst file

To locate the .pst file that your profile uses, follow these steps for the version of Outlook that you are using.

For Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
1. Start Outlook.
2. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
3. On the E-mail tab, click your e-mail account.
4. In the Account settings dialog box, under Selected e-mail account delivers new e-mail messages to the following location, you will see the path and the file name for the .pst file that is associated with your e-mail profile. For example, the path and the file name may resemble the following:
C:\Documents and Settings\ user_name \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Personal Folders(1).pst
5. Note the path and the file name for the .pst file that is associated with your e-mail profile.
For Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Outlook 2002
1. Start Outlook.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. On the Mail Setup tab, click Data Files.
4. Note the path and the file name for each .pst file that is associated with your e-mail profile. For example, the path and the file name may resemble the following:

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.