SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

When saving my website in Photoshop the pictures gets saved in wrong directory!

(9 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by najkiie
  • Latest reply from najkiie
  • Topic Viewed 3046 times

najkiie
najkiie

Please help me this is just soo annoying. Ive spend hours making this site and when i finaly was done and had sliced it up... i saved it as a html file with the pictures... so far everything worked out well, almost! When i open it in dreamweaver, or any other editing program... and then when i look at the sourse code for all the pictures... its like:

C:/Users/Nike/Desktop/mac_3/images/index_03.jpg

and i want it to be like:

images/index_03.jpg

couse when i upload all the pictures and the index file, the website still tries to find:
C:/Users/Nike/Desktop/mac_3/images/index_03.jpg

that would mean i have to upload my whole C Drive right?

any ideas on how to fix this? ive looked in the save settings in photoshop and cant find it.
i just checked in dreamweaver if it could change it outomacitly for me but i didnt find it.

please anyone respond! if i cant fix this, i cant keep my website!
this is how the website looks without the pictures:
http://blubbz.com/mac/

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

and btw, i cant do this manually couse theres ALOT of pictures and i would probably mess it all up!

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

if you put all of the pictures in the same folder then there is no need to say where they are it will just find them on it's own

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

i have them in the same folder, the problem is when i upload the site with all the pictures the site automaticlky looks for:

C:/Users/Nike/Desktop/mac_3/images/all my pics...

and i want it to look for: images/index_03.jpg

...hope you get what i mean.

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

to be honest with you guys i have no idea on what i just did! i have like 20 different layouts that looks almost the same... i just found another one that looks exactly the same, i think it was a copy. And that one alredy had the picture paths working... so the problem is sloved.

now i have another quest...

Q: How do i create a new css file for my page? And how do i apply some text to the css file?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i think the css is the style that you are using and you put the text into the html files but i haven't built a website in a while though so don't get mad if i turn out to be wrong lol

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

no your right, the css is currently in the html file. is there some way to move the css to a seperate file? and mabye create more css files for different things on the site?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yes there are most likely ways but i think that you may want to read up on you html so you can better understand the code and why it is doing certain things and you would be able to trouble shoot things a bit easier too

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

yea many people have told me that, i alredy know the basics in html... but nothing advanced.
i know where the css code is in the html codument... i just want to move it to a seperate css file. and i want to create several css files for different text's...

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.