SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

What's your favorite version of Windows?

(6 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by mysticgeek
  • Latest reply from dwindsor49686
  • Topic Viewed 2050 times

mysticgeek

With Microsoft announcing that their next version of Windows code name "Windows 7" is just 3 years away ... I am curious what people think about the various versions so far. What version did you most anticipate? What version sucked the most? Has any version reached your expectations yet?

Posted 7 years ago

mysticgeek

I think my favorite "windows moment" if you will, was the jump from 98se to XP. Even though it was riddled with issues at first ... XP was a completely different landscape. I think it really pushed the industry in a direction it needed to go. I was fortunate enough not to have dealt with "ME" I did use 2000 in the office for a year also ... and I think it is still pretty solid .. but for home use... my jump was from 98 to XP

I have been using Vista at home now for a few months and there is nothing I see as earth shattering with this release.

In my opinion as an IT professional, home user, and all around geek ... XP Pro is by far the most solid it has ever been.

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost

My favorite jump was to NT4 - the first time I had a stable version of windows. I only had it crash on me a few times. I preferred win2k for the longest time, but XP finally won me over. Now I'm using vista, but not sure if I prefer it yet.

Posted 7 years ago

mysticgeek

I am with you there ... but I yet to use vista in an office environment... XP Home is worthless IMHO ...

Posted 7 years ago

thedudester

I liked XP the best

Posted 7 years ago

dwindsor49686

I like xp the most because it seems to perform the best on the least amount of ram, processor, etc. It runs smoothly. Vista requires a lot of power to run smoothly.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.