(34 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by drifta
  • Latest reply from drifta
  • Topic Viewed 4138 times

drifta

Whats the big deal about intel core i7?

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

New generation of socket 1366, 45 NM, Intel CPUs available for ATX boards now.

Specs and comparisons.

http://www.intel.com/products/.....t_ci7+more
http://www.intel.com/products/.....y_corei7ex
http://compare.intel.com/pcc/d.....ture=en-US

Available for Laptops after Christmas as fabs are converted for manufacturing.

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

Have a read of this drifta and tell me it´s not love at first sight, lol

Posted 6 years ago

drifta

its 2.10 here in aus atm. i will be sure to read all the above documents tomorrow and let you know my oppinion on i7
good night

Posted 6 years ago

JadeEmperor

"Nehalem (familily) processors code-named Bloomfield (Core i7) have four physical processor cores and a triple-channel DDR3 memory controller."

:-O

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

This is why my advice for the past several months to Builders has consistently been to wait until December / January.

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

who'll spend $570 on it? most people would buy an entire computer for less

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@0zSpitt,
The 1366 CPUs will come down in price as LGA 775s inventory depletes and Intel manufacturing Fabs switch production.
Be patient as the complete transition always takes about a quarter.

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

My Asus P6TDeluxe is in the post (an early X-mas present for myself.) I can´t afford the i7 965 (plus a new tower) yet but I thought may as well get started, save up for 3 months and hopefully as Rick says it will have dropped price by then. I can´t wait to see this baby in action.

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

if it performs like it says i'd pay for it (when it comes down). i'll make it my next build with the antec skeleton.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@0z,

Read some Trade Paper Reviews (Not Paid Reviewer Sites and they said the Antec Skeleton Case?? Frame is one of the most versatile and practical pieces of hardware ever invented for the enthusiast builder especially if one adds the extra parts to the Frame.
Think from my readings you have picked a real (Winner) but darn is it ugly. (LOL) (LOL) (LOL)

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

Actually I quite like the thing too, was wondering whether get it or not. It must be one hell of a dust trap!!! But you can´t get more air to your parts.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@madmacs,
Yes it kinda sorta like my old joke suggestion of just laying out componet parts of a build on a table and blowing a 3600 RPM 30 IN fan on everything. (LOL) (LOL) (LOL).
BTW: Old suggestion (DOES) work but not very practical. :) :) :)
Better to at least have a frame.

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

@raphoenix, rofl, but i guess if you took that 30 IN monster and placed it over the skeleton it would solve the dust problem, no chance of anything settling then, lol

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@madmacs.
Well, if one thinks about the Frame, it is much easy to keep clean with a can of compressed air than removing the sides off of a tower and trying to blow air into the nooks and cranny's of a conventional case. :) :)

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

@raphoenix, very true!! The only other thing that has me worried is having a little child at home, I don´t want him frying himself (sorry, english sense of humour!!) I´d have to put the case well out of his reach, mount the thing on the wall or something.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@madmacs,

Not any worry concerning high voltage in a computer except if PS had some quirk which I've never heard of happening.
Larger issue of child or pet breaking something in Frame.
Be innovative, mount Frame upside down to ceiling like old tradition in our home of mounting Christmas Tree to ceiling upside down. :) :) :) (lol) (lol)

Posted 6 years ago

drifta

i read the reviews and all i can say is "I WANT ONE!!" im willing to pay $562 USD which is more like $800 AUD thanks to the recent share market plunges.i ve been wanting to upgrade my 1 yr old dual core 2.66ghz into something more powerful and i think i have found the perfect item...

there planning on making an 8 core chip?? WOW thats going to be crazy.

there seems to be and interesting convo going on here between madmacs and raphoenix and i totaly get that english sense of humour madmac. keep it coming.

cant wait for i7 to be released here in AUS which is usually a month or two after the US :(:(:( =(

i guess i should start savin up sooner rather than later.

have a goodnight fellaz

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

drifta,

Remember, when you say upgrade, you are really saying making a New Build.
The CPU socket is 1366 and will require a new X58 chipset MB among other new components.

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

Not forgetting three of these!! It´s going to get nice n´pricey, lol

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.