Lighthouse

on the road ?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Interesting

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

In the U.S., it varies widely from State to State.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Here in the state of Pennsylvania, only human powered vehicles when driven on the roads require no license. Also all roads do not allow human powered vehicles, I have only seen that stipulation on major Hi-ways however. If you are wondering about golf carts, riding lawnmowers, mopeds etc., if you can't get it registered as a vehicle for the road with a license plate you can't drive it on a public road. And, if you do than you need a license.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/.....oduct.aspx LH, are you considering one of these?
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.c.....is-renaut/

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

warlock, not considering anything at the moment (have no money). Was just curious about other countries.
I know about the UK, and France.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

LH, just happened to see that wanna be car. Here you pretty much need a license for anything. All about $$$$.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

"sans permis" cars and small lorry's, are mega euros here in France.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Seeing a lot more of them here too.

Edit: Smallest car I have had was one of these. A 1980 model really liked it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_X1/9

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

I have tried that Renault electric car at my Renault dealer in Germany. Costs about 7000 Euros plus a monthly rental fee of (I think) 50 Euros for the battery. A battery charge is said to last for about 70KM.

This is a fun vehicle for the summer, but I would not want to use it in any temp below 25C. It is a very windy affair. Plus you have quasi no storage at all. So you cannot use it for shopping.

For a couple of thousand Euros more I can buy a Twingo. That is a much better option and no monthly fee. In 3 years it is a break even - except for the gas.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

LH, and Joe

i use my power wheelchair and when there's not cub cuts on the sidewalks i use the side of the street and the cops can't do a thing about it it's not my fault that i have to do that. one time a cop was behind me followed me everywhere finally he pulled up to the side of me and asked me why i was driving out on the street i said easy, there are no cub cuts for me to get up on safely. then he politely ask me to let him help me up on the sidewalk i then politely asked him if he was going to follow me to the end of the sidewalk and help me down. he said no i have another call coming in so he left and i kept on rolling along lmfao!! lol lol lol lol the point is don't trust a cop in need of his number for the day LOL LOL LOL LOL

John

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Hi John, Yeah I see some fellow that does as you do on my way home from work. He has a long flexible pole on the back of his chair with a flag on it and some led lights. Local police seem to be okay with it. He is also traffic friendly too though.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.