SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

What tools would you like built into your next smartphone?

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by BrianTheMann
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 285 times

BrianTheMann

These days, the hardware of all smartphones is the same: gyroscope, accelerometer, GPS, etc. Yawn.

I have lots of electronic tools on my workbench that would easily fit into a cell phone. For example:
* Infrared temperature monitor. I have a hand-held model that is 99% battery and display.
* Ultrasound measuring tape. Hand-held model is all battery and display with a 30' range.
* LED to indicate where the first two are pointing. Also useful as a pointer when lecturing or showing someone where the CPU is in their PC.

What hardware do you think should be added to the next generation of smartphones?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Smart phone? I still have a phone that's as dumb as rocks. Smart phones are nice; the large monthly bill, not so nice.

Posted 1 year ago

highline

a battery that lasts at least a day !

Posted 1 year ago

BrianTheMann

You guys are no fun!

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Same for me as LadyFitzgerald, I just need to make and receive calls and texts.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

A Tranquilizer dart that shoots out.

The ability to push a button and send a 'cold caller' to an abusive answer phone service (random abuse).

A Tea maker.

Scanner to Printer via Wi-Fi. ( I mean the ability to scan docs and send to Printer)

Fold out Air Speakers that provide decent quality sound and not just tinny crap.

I'm not sure really I've never thought about it :)

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Scanner apps are available already (just taking a photo would also work). Some Samsung printers supposedly have the ability to connect to a smart phone (such as the CPL-415NW)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.