How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

What Router would be best for me?

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Robm
  • Latest reply from InDiSent
  • Topic Viewed 677 times

Robm
Robm

I currently have a Linksys 2.4 Ghz 802.11b Wireless Router that has worked well for a long time. I have been using the following on the Business DSL Internet connection with minor reboots needed every now and then.

Lenovo (IBM) T61 running VISTA (for work using VPN all Day long) Attached by Cat5 cable
IBM T40p running XP attached by Wireless
iMAC running OS X 10.4.5 attahed by Wireless

We just upgraded the iMAC to 10.5.6 Leopard and I got an iPod Touch (attached by Wireless) and the iPod Touch won't stay connected to the internet all the time or reconnect out of sleep mode quickly. I read on this forum that there is a known issue with 802.11b networks but not the 802.11g ones.

The question I have is....

What make and model of Network Router should I replace mine with to get solid performance and instant connections with the iPod Touch? I noticed at the MAC store that their Router was smokin fast but I mainly use Windows Devices for work and have never used a MAC router.

Any help or advise would be great.

Robm

Posted 5 years ago

masterwillems

Well, a quick look at the Linksys website shows us that there are plenty of 802.11G routers.

And since Linksys is one of the best (or by some the best) brand for networking the only problem would be choosing a model.
Also id like to address that i have no experience with and i-pod touch on the wireless network and the possible problems that come with it.

I'm just searching for you :)

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

I currently use a Buffalo router, but i gotta agree that Linksys are damn good.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!