SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

What is the Easiest Way to Down Load a Linux Image File?

(25 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gregoryshock125
  • Latest reply from gregoryshock125
  • Topic Viewed 1338 times

presence1960
presence1960

k3b, brasero for CDs. To convert DVDs to mp4 handbrake. Those links doctordeere posted are good as well for video. For video editing I would refer you to Nixie Pixel on YouTube. She had lots of great videos about Linux including Audio and video editing.

You can try Ubuntu Studio which has installed by default a lot of audio and video editing software not included in Ubuntu by default

Unfortunately the video editing software on Linux is not up to snuff compared to Windows video editing software. Like I always say each OS has it advantages and disadvantages. One is not better than another. Each user must find and choose which OS suits their needs the best. I am a total non-believer in the windows vs. linux argument that some want to keep perpetuated. Choose what is best for you and be happy. No need to convince others your choice is the best. There are people on both sides of the linux/windows argument who are really only arguing to serve their own egos. Live and let live. If windows is your main OS that does not and should not bother me. I choose linux. Windows users can help me with windows and linux users can help me with linux. Lets get down to the basic reason this forum exists which is to help people with their problems. Last time I checked there is a Linux sub-forum in here. That sub-forum does not exist to tell people windows is better. It is there to help those experiencing problems with linux, which is their choice of OS. No one else can choose for them or infer their choice is wrong or that windows is better.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....8;index=17

Posted 1 year ago

gregoryshock125
gregoryshock125

UpDate:

I am currently downloading some more distributions. I will post later on what I think of these:

I wanted to talk a little about my printer. My printer is capable of printing on both sides of a page. I noticed that Ubuntu recognizes my printer, but I didn't see any option for printing on both sides. It is a HP Photosmart Premium 309a

Posted 1 year ago

gregoryshock125
gregoryshock125

UpDate:

I am currently testing Zorin and wine. I installed Zorin to my external Hard Drive and I attempted to install a windows program called G2 Flight Simulator. It seems that it thinks that I don't have enough hard drive space to install all of it. But at this point who knows... I moved my external hard drive to my laptop and booted into Zorin and now I am trying to install firefox from software center. It failed.

Posted 1 year ago

gregoryshock125
gregoryshock125

UpDate:

Rebooted and Now I am attempting to Install Updates.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!