The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

What is GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Moonlight
  • Latest reply from at0mic
  • Topic Viewed 10168 times

Moonlight

Okay, I found this program, GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe, in my Users/Gail folder. What is it? Did I download it and not know it? Did Dell put it on my computer? (I have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT.) Seems to me an odd place for an exe file. I found lots of Google entries referencing it, but no answers as to what it actually is, what it does, or if I need it, just that it seems to be a program by Citrix(?). I get really nervous when I find exe files in weird places. Thank you.

Gail

Posted 4 years ago

Moonlight

I just answered my own question. This was the program that Dell Tech Support used to access my computer when I called them with hardware/software issues and needed help. The program is obviously right where it needs to be, or it wouldn't be there.

Gail

Posted 4 years ago

at0mic

yes, dell installed that 13 times on a brand new xps420 i purchased. i uninstalled it every time. they use that technique to buy time. after 22 days of not having a brand new computer work, i didnt want it. i asked to send it back. they told me my 21 day trial period was up. go dell !!!

Posted 4 years ago

Moonlight

I'm so sorry, At0mic. I sure hope I have better luck with this one. :)

Gail

Posted 4 years ago

at0mic

sorry gail was venting, lol. actually that dell was how i found this site a year and a half ago. i still have that dell, it sits up in a spare room with a sheet over it. couldn't even sell it on craigs list

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.